Do you have a car that has stopped working and isn’t worth repairing? Has someone left an old car at your house and you have no use for it? Instead of just letting it sit and rust, why not get rid of it? You don’t have to hold on to a car that you don’t want or need. Get rid of that piece of junk and maybe make a bit of money in the process.
Why should you sell or get rid of your junk car?
1. You can get paid- Who doesn’t want to make a bit of money for something that is no longer working for them? If you have a car that has just been sitting in your driveway, yard or in front of your house and hasn’t been used in 6 months, get rid of it!
2. Get rid of the unsafe car- Are you holding on to a car that hasn’t passed its emissions inspection? If the auto inspectors found that the car wasn’t fit to pass inspection, then it isn’t fit to be driving. Who much will it cost you to fix your car to make it pass inspection? If the price of fixing the car is more than the car is worth, the car isn’t worth it.
3. Help out the environment- Did you know that almost all of a car can be recycled or reused? Yes, the engine, windows, steel, and other parts can be saved and reused. Just because the car is no longer working for you why not allow it to help someone else out and to help the environment by the spare car parts being recycled and put to good use.
How to sell your junk car?
There are several ways that you can sell your junk car.
1. Selling it on Craigslist /Facebook marketplace or park it somewhere with a sign for its sale.
2. You can try to trade it in and see it if it worth anything. If the car isn’t working and is in really bad shape there is a good possibility that your car dealer will not accept it.
3. Use a junk car buying service such as JunkyardDogOnline.com or an auto junkyard to sell your car to. With either of these options, they can do junk car removal for free.
What’s up with junk car sales? How does it work?
If you want to sell your junk car you will first need to get a hold of a business that buys junk cars. There are many different junk car removal businesses online. Do a bit of research to find out which business is a legit business. Once you are on one of the sites they have a place where you can plug in your car’s information. After you put in your junk car information the site will let you know what that business will offer you for your car.
Who can sell their car?
If you have the title to the car you have the opportunity to sell your car through one of these junk car buyers. The title should be in your name if it does not check your state’s laws on selling a car that isn’t in your name.
What if my car is broken down?
It doesn’t matter what state your car is in. If your car is broken down that doesn’t mean that the other parts of the car can’t be used or salvaged in some sort of way.
What happens to the car once it’s gone?
A number of different things can happen to your car once it is sold. Your junk car may be sold for scrap parts to a junkyard, which will allow others to use it for other purposes.
Will it be worth anything?
Businesses that buy junk cars are offering some sort of monetary value for every car that they take. Each business says that it will pay to take your vehicle. I’m not saying that you will make hundreds of dollars or maybe you will depend on the value of your car. Read more about the value of used cars at GiveACar.co.uk.
Is it worth selling?
That is really up to you. Do you want to make a little extra money? If you want to make extra money and get rid of something that isn’t being used then it is 100% worth selling.
If you are thinking about fixing up the car for any reason or giving it to someone then definitely don’t worry about selling it. At the same time, if this is a question that you have been thinking about for more than 1 year, then just get rid of the car because it is going to keep sitting.
What should you do before you sell your car?
- Remove any belongings
- Make sure your title is clean
- Remove the license plates and return them
- Cancel your insurance
- Use up the gas or find a way to remove it from the car
Do you want to donate your car instead of selling it?
If you want to donate your car for a good cause it may not be an easy task. A lot of the companies that take donations of cars are not legit charities. Here is a list of what to do prior to donating your car….
1. Research the charity you plan to give it to.
2. Pick a place that gives to a worthy cause.
3. Itemize deductions on your return.
4. Get a receipt, you need to have a paper trail to donate.
5. Don’t forget file tax form 8283, if the sale price is greater than $500.
6. Drop the car off with the charity. If you can’t drop it off make sure you get a copy of everything you sign when your car is picked up. Sign over your title at that time.
7. Take pictures of the car and keep receipts for work and repairs done on it.
8. Read IRS publication 4303, A Donor’s Guide to Car Donations.
No matter how you want to get rid of your junk or old car you certainly don’t have to keep it. If you want to sell the car to a company that buys junk cars, they will not only come to pick up your car but they will also pay you. This means you get junk car removal for free and you are paid in the process.
If you are interested in donating your car instead, do your research. You may end up having to do a lot of leg work to donate your car. In some cases, it may cost you money in the process.
Either route you decide to take definitely find out what your state’s laws are when it comes to selling or getting rid of your car. Some states the laws are cut and dry with little work needed on your part, while other states you may have to do a bit more work before you can get rid of your car.