The all-new 2017 Jaguar XE is generating a wave of excitement among automotive experts, generally because of its state-of-the-art architecture. Jag’s “Advanced Aluminum Architecture” platform was developed with a goal to be a base for a luxury sports sedan that is lightweight, reliable and within a cost-savings economics of scale. The first outcome of this “Advanced Aluminum Architecture” innovation is 2017 Jaguar XE, what features and specifications will it offer, continue reading and find out.
Special Features of 2017 Jaguar XE
XE has several great features that are visible in the in-car technology, exterior and interior components, engine technology, specs, and accessories.
XE’s Engine Technology & Price
Jaguar’s new XE engine was designed to lower emissions in order to meet the United States’ emission standards. This model has three distinct powertrain versions that correspond to driver’s engine choices, and with different prices for a different class of users.
- The first option is the 25t trim; a 2-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine that makes 240 horsepower. It will be selling at the price of $34,900 next spring.
- Second in the line for XE is the 20d; a 2-liter turbocharged four-cylinder diesel engine that generates 180 horsepower. It will have a starting price of $36,400.
- Top of the line and most powerful option is the 35t unit. The 3-liter V6 engine with a supercharger that is a real beast and generates 340 horsepower and 332 foot-pounds of torque. It will sale at the starting price of $41,700.
All the above engines are paired with 8-speed automatic transmissions, but an all-wheel-drive (AWD) system is available only to the 35t and 20d engines. In addition, the 35t model comes with firmer suspension and 18-inch standard wheel to cope with its extra power.
XE’s interior components
Jaguar has one of the most beautiful styles on sedan market, and this gland styling extends to the components of the 2017 XE. This unique design brings to the driver and passenger a perfect sense of luxury and comfort. The cabin is very spacious, made of superb materials (i.e. double-stitched, fine grain leather with the choice of aluminum, wood, and gloss black for the trim options). XE has several in-car technologies that make life in the sports sedan like this beautiful. Some of these features include:
- InControl protect: This in-car technology includes SOS emergency call, which brings help to you in any location when in a distress situation. By transmitting your location and car diagnostic data, it enables you to access Jaguar roadside assistance in order to make your journey a smooth one.
- InControl wi-fi: This technology gives you the privilege of connecting up to 8 devices to the car 3G hotspot that is routed using the car’s antenna. You can easily connect to read emails, download files, access websites and be able to connect with the outside world.
- InControl remote: This smartphone application enables the car owner to control his car from a remote location. It can be used to monitor or track complete journeys, start the engine or to lock and unlock the car.
- Head-Up Display: Just to keep the driver’s senses connected to the road, the head up technology projects all the essential direction navigation on the windscreen’s line of sight where the driver can have a glance of it without looking away from the road.
- Amazing Sound: XE’s sound system came out fantastic after the dual effort of Jaguar™ and Meridian™. This brand has 17 inbuilt speakers that produce sounds on the same level or even better than most studio speakers in the world.
XE’s Driver Assistance Features
The safety features and driver’s assistance features of 2017 Jaguar XE are quite numerous. Some of these technological advancements are meant to give you intelligent driving aids while helping you keep focus on the road. Some of these additions include:
- Blind Spot Monitor: The amber icon on the side mirror blinks if another car is directly approaching or overtaking through your blind spot. Even you can set your mirrors to eliminate almost all blind spots this feature helps to cover areas difficult for the driver to see.
- Park Assist: This feature helps the driver to park the vehicle by only controlling the brake and accelerator while the vehicle is steered automatically.
- Surround System Camera: XE has five surrounding cameras, which give the driver a good view around the vehicle.
- Autonomous Emergency Braking: In the case of a potential collision, the AEB notifies the driver immediately and warns the driver to avert the vehicle. If the driver does not respond quickly, AEB would automatically slow down the vehicle to prevent or to soften the impact.
- Lane Keep Assist: LKA functions against unintentional lane drift in order to help the driver maintain his lane.
- Drivers Condition Monitoring: DCM reads the lapses in driver’s concentration due to tiredness and immediately informs the driver to take a break by popping up a notification on the instrument cluster.
- Traffic Sign Recognition with Intelligent Speed Limiter: TSR uses XE’s forward-facing camera to detect traffic signs while the intelligent speed limiter uses the signage information with map data to modulate car speed.
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Queue Assist: This feature uses radar technology to assist drivers in monitoring and maintaining speed and safe distance with the car in front. If the vehicle reduces speed, the XE will reduce speed and adjust to the speed of the car in front.
2017 Jaguar XE Specs
There are four trim levels to 2017 Jaguar XE; each of them has its own unique features. Therefore, the following trim levels are what you can choose from if you have decided on an engine type:
- XE (base): This specs list include 17-inch alloy wheels, power front seat, leatherette interior, HD radio with 6-speaker sound system and a sunroof. Pretty impressive for a base version.
- Premium: This comes with features like 11-speaker Sound system, driver seat memory, power folding side mirrors, rearview camera, auto-dimming, split-folding rear seat and some other standard features.
- Prestige: We are getting leather upholstery on seats, heated front seat, keyless access, expanded seat control. The 25t and 20d models come with 18-inch wheels while the 35t version comes with 19-inch wheels.
- R-Sports: This badge which is only available in 35t and 20d models will come with upgraded performance parts such as sport-tuned suspension, 20-inch wheels, and other high-end safety features.
From the previous, we have seen that the expectations and wave of excitement surrounding the unveiling of 2017 Jaguar XE is actually coming from the outstanding features of this sporty sedan. Jaguar has succeeded in keeping weight down and giving the masses a fuel economy vehicle. It is expected that this vehicle will return good sale result and that it will be one of the most important models in the segment.